In no way is all the following aimed at putting you off taking me home but just to make sure you know exactly what I will need on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis to keep me happy and healthy and the dog you will love forever.
- I will need daily walks at least twice a day in a place I can enjoy a good safe run off lead when you are sure my recall is good enough. Will I have a secure area at home so I can have my early morning and late night toilet trips and be safe?
- I will need feeding every day whether it is once or twice and need clean water at all times.
- I love company both human and doggy so do not wish to spend long periods on my own as I may start to be a naughty boy and I know you won’t like that and you will get cross with me when really it isn’t my fault.
- I will only moult once a year but it does last for 365 days, will this be a problem for you when you have to tidy up after me every day?
- If I get ill and need to see a vet will you be able to take me and if I need on going treatment will you be happy and able to pay for me to have it?
Remember you can always take out insurance when you first have me which may help you with my vet’s bills.
- Will I have new brothers and sisters in my new home, will they like me?
- Will you have a plan to help introduce us all to each other so we can become friends and live together nicely?
- Will I be expected to have lots of visitors at my new home and if so will you be happy to tell them I am new and allow me time to adjust as although they are your friends I will not know them and will need time to get to know and like them, will this be a problem?
- When you go on your holidays who will take care of me or will I be invited too?
- Will you take me to training classes to teach me how to behave in public with new people and other dogs and bear with me and stay patient if I am a little slow to learn?
- As a German Shepherd I love to bark and will never miss a chance to voice my opinion even if you cannot see anything I will believe I can and carry on, I will also bark when you have visitors so you will need to teach me when is ok and when is not.
- Being clean isn’t one of my good points and if there is mud or water I will probably find it and boy can I roll and cover all areas before you get to me, will this be a problem? After all I am a dog and that’s what us dogs love to do!
If after reading all of this you are rearing to go then trot along to the adoption page and get dialing!!